No Bake Cookies

I usually don't like no bake cookies. When my husband wants them, I even sometimes suggest something else. Well today I had a hankering for some no bakes. Found this recipe in a family cookbook and decided to try it. Let me just say, best no bakes I've ever had. These may even make me a fan of no bakes. I used almond coconut milk for the ones I made which makes them each about 118 calories. Not bad at all if you ask me.

No Bake Cookies

Yield: about 30 cookies
2 cups sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 c milk
1/2 c butter or margarine
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 c coconut
3 cups old fashioned oats (uncooked)

In saucepan, add sugar, salt and cocoa. Stir until mixed. Add milk and butter and stir. Turn on burner to medium-high heat and stir frequently until boiling. Once at a boil, let boil for 2 minutes without stirring. Remove  from heat. Add vanilla and peanut butter, and stir until well mixed. Add coconut. Stir in 3 cups of oatmeal. Spoon about 2 Tbsp scoops onto wax paper (over a cookie sheet). Cool in refrigerator. Try not to eat them all at once




No comments:

Post a Comment