Snickerdoodles

I have always loved snickerdoodles. But they have to be just right for me to eat them. Chewy, but done. Not crunchy and hard. Slight bit of tang but not too much. After some searching and many recipes tried, I found this one and now use it every time I make them. When making them in my KitchenAid I like to double the recipe and freeze some cookies.

Snickerdoodles
Yield: 3 dozen (if using 1 1/2 Tbsp scoop)
1 c butter flavored Crisco
1 1/2 c sugar
2 eggs
2 3/4 c flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp salt

Topping:
2 Tbsp sugar
2 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375F. Cream shortening and 1 1/2 c sugar. Stir in eggs. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt, cream of tartar until well mixed. Combine mixtures together until smooth dough forms. Set dough aside. Mix cinnamon and remaining sugar together in a small bowl. Roll dough into balls (about 1 1/2 Tbsp of dough per ball), then roll in cinnamon-sugar mixture until completely covered. Place 2" apart on cookie sheet. Bake for 12 minutes. Cool on pan at least 5 minutes before removing.


No comments:

Post a Comment